CatLight works with GIT branches. It will show a separate build history for each branch and pull request.
We divide branches in four categories:
- Primary - they will be always visible on the dashboard. They include branches like master, develop, trunk, etc.
- Short-lived - those are branches for pull requests. CatLight will show them for one day on the dashboard.
- Other - this is a category for feature, bugfix and release branches. They will be tracked while they are active, and had at least one build in the past week.
- Ignored - those branches will not be monitored. You can
CatLight notifier works with the following servers:
- TFS 2017, 2015, 2013. Work item monitoring is available only for TFS 2015 / 2017
- Jenkins 1.644 (released in early 2016) and newer. Jenkins 2.x is also supported
- TeamCity 8 and newer
- Travis CI (open source and pro). For enterprise - vote on this idea.
- Appveyor (open source, pro and premium)
You can also create an extension for your favorite server using this open protocol, and CatLight will work with it too.
If you experience problems with starting the application, you can reset it by deleting the configuration files. This will remove all your CatLight settings and preferences, so that you can re-configure the application from a clean state.
Location of configuration files on different platforms
If you have a problem with the app, you can inspect application logs. They will often provide a detailed description of the problem, and can also point to the specific project or build that is causing trouble.
Logs are written in two groups of files:
- Log.txt - this is the log file of background process that contains most of the app logic. It is usually most useful, check it first
- TrayLog.txt - this is a log file of UI process. If the application does not start, this log can contain details about the problem.
Mac OS X
When a build is broken, all team members will see a button inviting them to investigate the build and fix it.
When build is investigated, tray icon will change to acknowledged state for the whole team.=>
Build investigation status is displayed on the dashboard.
After the build is fixed, investigation will be automatically removed.
Build investigations expire in 24 hours. So, if someone pressed the button and forgot about it, CatLight will raise an alarm on the next day.
This feature is available for all continuous integration servers that we support. User need to be authenticated on
New protocol is a replacement for obsolete cc.xml format that was created over a decade ago, and no longer meets the feature set of modern build systems.
CatLight protocol has native support for branches, folders, consistent build history, authentication, caching and selective loading. It provides enough information for CatLight app features like build investigations, automatic branch tracking and personalized build dashboard.
We invite developers of continuous delivery servers to implement this protocol to get an amazing notifier
If your build server is using self-signed certificate, CatLight may not be able to connect and will show a message like "SSL connect error". This happens because SSL certificate of your server is not trusted by your operating system.
Add this certificate as trusted to resolve the problem, and try connecting again.
Catlight can monitor work items (tasks & bugs) in a TFS/VSTS project. It will notify you about the changes and show the current status in tray.
You can use existing work item queries to select tasks and bugs that you want to monitor. Choose one of two modes:
- Show all - use this for queries that should return empty result when everything is OK, and for queues of short-term work. For example: “Important open bugs”, “Urgent tasks”, “Bugs to verify today”, “Bugs to review”.
- Show changes - use this to track changes in long-term queues of work, like “My tasks”,
By default, CatLight can show you a lot of notifications, so that you can see how the app works.
To change this, go to edit menu/settings.
For long-term use you can make the following changes
- Choose "My Builds" to see less notifications. You can still see the status from all monitored builds in tray.
- Uncheck "Show notifications when I change a work item"
- Check "Don't show work item changes that I made myself"
- Choose "Track My Branches"