CatLight works with GIT branches. It will show a separate build history for each branch and pull request.
We divide branches in four categories:
- Primary - they will be always visible on the dashboard. They include branches like master, develop, trunk, etc.
- Short-lived - those are branches for pull requests. CatLight will show them for one day on the dashboard.
- Other - this is a category for feature, bugfix and release branches. They will be tracked while they are active, and had at least one build in the past week.
- Ignored - those branches will not be monitored. You can
When a build is broken, all team members will see a button inviting them to investigate the build and fix it.
When build is investigated, tray icon will change to acknowledged state for the whole team.=>
Build investigation status is displayed on the dashboard.
After the build is fixed, investigation will be automatically removed.
Build investigations expire in 24 hours. So, if someone pressed the button and forgot about it, CatLight will raise an alarm on the next day.
This feature is available for all continuous integration servers that we support. User need to be authenticated on
Catlight can monitor work items (tasks & bugs) in a TFS/VSTS project. It will notify you about the changes and show the current status in tray.
You can use existing work item queries to select tasks and bugs that you want to monitor. Choose one of two modes:
- Show all - use this for queries that should return empty result when everything is OK, and for queues of short-term work. For example: “Important open bugs”, “Urgent tasks”, “Bugs to verify today”, “Bugs to review”.
- Show changes - use this to track changes in long-term queues of work, like “My tasks”,
By default, CatLight can show you a lot of notifications, so that you can see how the app works.
To change this, go to edit menu/settings.
For long-term use you can make the following changes
- Choose "My Builds" to see less notifications. You can still see the status from all monitored builds in tray.
- Uncheck "Show notifications when I change a work item"
- Check "Don't show work item changes that I made myself"
- Choose "Track My Branches"