CatLight likes to update itself in the background, without me knowing about that. Anyway, when it updates itself, it always creates a shortcut on my desktop. I don't like this behavior because I have to delete the shortcut everytime. I see no point of having a shortcut on my desktop when CatLight is always available via the tray and is set to start with Windows.
Please do not re-create the shortcut after user deletes it.
Recently we have seen problems with the "I will investigate" functionality. It has mainly 2 issues:
- A person can "hang" as "investigating" on other persons' Catlight instance, while the person in question has a Catlight instance that says he/she is not currently investigating anything. - this one is critical, because we have errors that aren't looked into for a long while, until somebody asks the person why he/she hasn't fixed the error yet...!
- "Investigating" isn't cleared after a green build, but must instead manually be cleared. This also leads to wrong behavior, because if a build breaks, a person investigates,
On Windows PC trying to log in to the app to active the licens I get this error: an error occurred while sending the request - we have a http proxy but as far as we can see it allows the http/https traffic to *.catlight.io to pass through. Is it possible to active some verbose logging in catlight app to investigate further? Regards Morten
We use Jenkins as lokal Build-Server.
Sometimes, if a Build failed, CatLight shows two items of the same Build Task.
And this second item stay in the list also when the build already success. And I have no options to remove this second item from the list.
Is this wanted? If "yes", why?
Not able to add third email to 3 user subscription. Website just hangs
The connection logs in as an admin to our Jenkins server. "All builds" is checked for "Show build notifications". All options are checked for "Show notifications". Dashboard is showing old, failed build when build has passed (CatLight v2.11.10; Jenkins 2.60.1). Why are later builds not showing up?
"I will investigate" shows error when clicked (and hides estimated build time) and spanner disappears before can be clicked
Clicking "I will investigate" message generates a "Error: Request failed with status code 500" message and am unable to click the config icon (spanner) as disappears straight away.
This prevents you dismissing or selecting to stop investigating, which then prevents you seeing the estimated build completion time for a fresh build.
This usually happens when the app cannot connect to the online service.
Please check your firewall, and make sure that CatLight.exe and LocalWeb.exe processes are allowed to connect to the Internet.
If you use a proxy server that requires manual configuration, you can go to Edit menu/Settings/Proxy and provide connection details.
For more information, you can check the application logs at %AppData%\CatLight\Logs\log.txt
Here is a sample error message, indicating a connection problem:
- When giving Catlight it's own desktop to use in full screen dashboard view, the dashboard will move to it's own space after clicking on a toolbar notification.
- Logging back into Macbook Pro from sleep mode, the full screen dashboard & Catlight in general freezes; It requires activity monitor manual forced exit to correct. I've tested just stretching the Catlight window til almost to full screen & no freezing.
Not difference between disabled build def's with last build broken, and active build def's with last build broken
In the dashboard, there are no difference between disabled build def's with last build broken, and active build def's with last build broken, which Means, we cannot distinguish between the failed builds to work on, and which to not work on.
We have about 10 out of 50 build definitions that are disabled due to old legacy-issues, and which we do not want to remove, because of future need to activate them.
We had a developer that broke a number of builds and kept trying (without investigating). Because they shouldn't have even created the CI builds directly, I removed them in the VSTS build page but now Catlight still shows them all as broken and attempts to refresh are not removing them. Seems Catlight should remove build status for builds that no longer exist.
I am trying to connect for on-premise TFS, and alwais get the same error:
"Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0."
and my Project Collection Url, user and password (domain\user) are correct.
At the moment, CatLight cannot connect to teamcity if only NTLM is used.
GitExtensions is having the same Issue currently.
To workaround this issue it's possible to get an authentication cookie when ntlmlogin.html page is browsed.
This authentication cookie can than be passed for further rest calls.
a powsershell sample can be found in the answer from mclayton on http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11020066/log-onto-teamcity-server-using-rest-api-without-passing-credentials-in-the-url
Getting the "Something Broke Down"error when trying to add a TFS connection.
Log file shows the following:
[2017-02-01 15:51:10.817] [DEBUG] main - LocalWebService started
[2017-02-01 15:51:10.819] [DEBUG] main - ApplicationManager start complete
[2017-02-01 15:51:10.819] [DEBUG] main - Opening dashboard
[2017-02-01 15:51:12.831] [DEBUG] main - App state changed. User signed in: false
[2017-02-01 15:51:13.828] [DEBUG] main - Opened dashboard on start: http://127.0.0.1:60295/?onStart=true
[2017-02-01 15:51:13.829] [DEBUG] main - Tray app initialization complete
[2017-02-01 15:51:15.950] [INFO] console - Tray icon status: [object Object].
[2017-02-01 15:51:38.799] [INFO] console - web stdout: fail
[2017-02-01 15:51:38.799] [INFO] console - web stdout: : Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.DeveloperExceptionPageMiddleware
If TFS Query name contains + and I try to click this query in Catlight dashboard - link is broken. See my case example:
- Query name: Bugs for SIT 13 (Prio+)
- Link generated by CatLight: <TFS root path>/_workitems?path=My%20Queries/Bugs%20for%20SIT%2013%20(Prio+)&_a=query (TF401243: The query My Queries/Bugs for SIT 13 (Prio ) does not exist, or you do not have permission to read it.)
- Correct expected link: <TFS root path>/_workitems?path=My%20Queries/Bugs%20for%20SIT%2013%20(Prio%2B)&_a=query