CatLight 2.17 will automatically discover new builds, releases and work item queries. When you monitor the whole project, and new item is added to it, CatLight will start monitoring it automatically.
By default, discovery happens every 30 minutes, but you can trigger it at any time by pressing refresh button on the dashboard. Discovery period is configurable in application settings. Keep in mind that this process can create a significant load on your server, so we advise to do it infrequently.
Introducing CatLight Enterprise!
You can now run CatLight services on your own hardware behind the firewall. This will be useful for companies with strict security requirements.
Contact us at email@example.com for installation instructions and trial license.
New in CatLight 2.15:
- TFS build folders are now supported.
- Server title can be changed in settings.
- Linux version now supports Ubuntu 16 and no longer supports Ubuntu 14.
When all your builds and tasks are in a good shape, CatLight icon will now turn green.
Get the latest version from https://catlight.io/downloads
CatLight 2.14 also supports new Mac OS High Sierra (10.13). However, it can no longer run on old versions of Mac OS (10.11 and older) due to compatibility limitations of .Net Core. If you want to stay on older version of Mac OS, you can still use 2.12 version of the app.
CatLight can now monitor release definition status in TFS and VSTS.
- Notifications about the status of every release environment
- Separate notification when release is waiting for your approval
- Overall status and history on the dashboard
- Release investigations
Supported server versions:
- TFS 2017
- TFS 2015 Update 2 and newer
For VSTS, you will need to re-authorize the app, as additional permissions are required.
Get the new version from https://catlight.io/downloads
Sometimes the build is going to be red or yellow for a while. In CatLight 2.8, you can acknowledge it in context menu and focus on other builds.
You can use this feature to see up-to date status of other builds in a tray icon. When all broken builds are acknowledged, tray icon will show a yellow outline cat. If new build breaks down, tray icon will turn a solid yellow or red. This will remind you that you have new things to fix.
Other changes in this release:
- Performance optimizations for Work Item monitoring in
We have a new Jenkins adapter implementation in CatLight 2.7. It has several improvements:
- Faster polling times when only small number of jobs is monitored.
- Reduced server load on Jenkins server that has hundreds of jobs.
- Better integration with Multibranch Pipeline and GitHub organization plugins. CatLight will now show branch-jobs as branches. You can select top-level job in monitoring settings, and CatLight will automatically monitor child jobs for active branches. You can fine-tune branch monitoring in global app settings.
Introducing CatLight Protocol 1.0 - an open standard for continuous delivery servers. CatLight app can now connect to any server that implements this protocol.
New protocol is a replacement for obsolete cc.xml format that was created over a decade ago, and no longer meets the feature set of modern build systems.
CatLight protocol has native support for branches, folders, consistent build history, authentication, caching and selective loading. It provides enough information for CatLight app features like build investigations, automatic branch tracking and personalized build dashboard.
We invite developers of continuous delivery servers to implement this protocol to
CatLight 2.5 now works with Git branches, and will show a separate build history for each branch.
We divide branches in four categories:
- Primary - they will be always visible on the dashboard. They include branches like master, develop, trunk, etc.
- Short-lived - those are branches for pull requests. CatLight will show them for one day on the dashboard.
- Other - this is a category for feature, bugfix and release branches. They will be tracked while they are active, and had at least one build in the past week.
- Ignored - those branches will not be monitored. You can hide
We implemented several changes in this release:
- Sorting order for the dashboard can be configured in settings
- Force-refresh button at the bottom of the dashboard
- Don't show work item changes that I made myself - configured in settings
- Showing total work item count in full-screen view
Since the beginning of the project, we announced that CatLight will be free for small teams, and there will be a paid version for bigger companies.
We are introducing CatLight Pro - a version of the app for business users. This version can monitor any number of build definitions and work item queries. It also includes priority support. You can buy a monthly or annual subscription to CatLight Pro using a credit card. For pricing details, see https://catlight.io/editions
Free edition is available for individuals and companies that have 3 users or less. This version can monitor up to
VSTS is going to have a breaking change in the API: unique account id will have a different value in a couple of months. We are rolling out an update that will make CatLight compatible with this change.
If you notice any problems, let us know.
Compatibility fix is implemented in v2.2.4
CatLight 2.2 adds a new set of tray icons. You will see a colored outline icon when something is broken, but it does not need your attention.
For example, if the build is broken, but somebody is investigating it, you will get an colored outline icon in tray.
Another example is acknowledging a list of work items.
Exciting news - CatLight 2.0 beta is here!
Work item status tracking
CatLight can now track work items in TFS 2015 and VSTS. You can select an existing query and choose a tracking mode:
- Show all - use this for queries that should return empty result when everything is ok, and for queues of short-term work. For example: "Important open bugs", "Urgent tasks", "Bugs to verify today".
- Show changes - use this to track changes in long-term queues of work, like "My tasks", "Backlog", "Recent bugs".
The app will run the query every minute, check for changes, and notify you